Maine Family Law
Family-related legal issues are first and foremost about the lives, relationships, and futures of the individuals involved. Because divorce, separation, and custody issues create significant disruption that results in permanent changes, there are many questions you might have at the outset, such as:
- How will we split up our property and/or our debt?
- Will I be able to support myself?
- How do I protect my relationship with my children?
- Where will I live?
- Where will my children live?
- How do I prevent my spouse or domestic partner from moving our assets?
- Which approach is better for us, Mediation, Traditional Divorce, or Collaborative Divorce?
Confident Advocacy and Attentive Service
Attorney Govan is an experienced family law professional who can answer your questions, clearly informing and guiding you through the process. He is committed to helping you formulate goals, set realistic expectations, provide you with options, formulate a case strategy, negotiate from a position of strength, and ultimately be prepared to litigate if reasonable agreements cannot be reached.
Moreover, Attorney Govan and his staff understand the stress and emotional strain clients go through during divorce and family law proceedings. Govan Law is dedicated to supporting you through the challenges of the process with compassionate, thorough, and if necessary, aggressive representation—helping you face the challenges of the moment with an eye toward the future.